Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 5

I am back in business! Got one day into this and then blogger went black, shut down for any posts! Wasn't able to post anything for day 2 or 3 and then yesterday was just crazy. But I am here now! Not going to let a setback like that slow me down :)

While I have been off the radar, I have lost 1.2 lbs. I am not going to decieve myself into thinking I have now become the ultimate wonder woman, I know it is all water. But it feels good to see the scale go down instead of up for a change!

I have continued to do my 2+ mile walk every morning and can I tell you that my hips are not so pleased with me. Seems that they have grown older than I have somehow! This happened the last time I tried to start a regular walking/jogging program so I am not worried. The other thing I had to deal with was the itchy legs syndrome. For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, it is the extreme itching sensation you get in your legs after putting them through more work than they are used to. I discovered before that it can be due to poor circulation in your legs or extreme weather. The nice thing about this is that it doesn't last. I had to deal with it for a week or more last time, but this time it only happened on day 1 so I must not be as out of shape as I thought, ha! A hint though, don't scratch or rub, it just makes it ten times worse! The Walking Site has a lot of good information for any of you that are looking to start walking for your health. There is even a part about itchy legs in the FAQ's.

I am still motivated and excited about this experiment and I am thankful for the comments that have been left. Thanks for your support everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment